The Basic Crockpot Chicken Recipe
Feeling Fancy? Try these fresh ingredients:
Going deeper with this lesson
Special Diet Adjustments:
- Low Carb: Serve with greens or cruciferous veggies (raw or cooked)
- Autoimmune: Serve with squash, greens, or cruciferous veggies (raw or cooked)
What's Pastured Chicken?
- The QUALITY of the protein you consume is far more important than the quantity.
- BEST: Pastured chickens from a local farmer you know.
- BETTER: Organic chicken
- BASELINE: Whole, bone-in chicken
What if I can't get organic?
- New research suggests pesticides negatively affect our gut microbiome, as they are neurotoxins. Choose ORGANIC as often as possible.
- BEST: Organic produce, herbs, & spices
- BETTER: Purchasing the "Dirty Dozen" organic (water-filled produce, like apples, without a thick skin, like avocado).
- BASELINE: Whole produce, washed thoroughly.
My Fave Combos:
- 1/2 sweet potatoes, 1/2 parsnips
- 1/2 carrots, 1/2 potatoes
- All thyme seasoning + rutabaga
- To leftovers, adding chopped celery, parsley, & a box of broth for chicken soup.