1. Mix ground beef, salt, pepper, garlic, & onion powder in a bowl as little as possible. The less you mix, the juicier the burger will be at the end.
2. With as few pats as possible, make 5-6 equal burger balls & flatten into burgers. (Try for 4). If you’re grilling, make a small bowl in the center of the burger. If you’re cooking on the stove, don’t worry about the bowl.
3. Preheat the oven to 400º F. Julienne the sweet potatoes into 1/4-1/2″ spears using a mandoline or a chef’s knife. No need to peel unless you like them that way. Melt 2 Tbsp. coconut oil in a large bowl and toss the sweet potato spears in the coconut oil with the arrowroot powder. The arrowroot will help the potatoes crisp up.
4. Using a broiler pan, place the sweet potatoes evenly on the broiler pan (or two) without touching. Bake 8-10 minutes on each side, until crispy and light golden brown.
5. While the sweet potatoes are in the oven, heat a large cast iron or stainless steel skillet or grill over medium high heat for 5 minutes. On the stove, sear the burgers for 4 minutes. Flip & sear for 2 minutes. Place the skillet into the oven to finish while the fries finish for 10 minutes. Remove & let rest for 5 minutes. Serve immediately.
5. Remove the fries and toss or sprinkle with salt. Enjoy!