The Basic Mango Chicken Curry Recipe
Feeling Fancy? Try these fresh ingredients:
Going deeper with this lesson
Special Diet Adjustments:
- Low Carb: Add broccoli, cabbage, peppers, onions, or mushrooms instead of mango and peas.
- Autoimmune: Replace peppers with peas, cabbage, and broccoli florets. Make sure the curry powder doesn't contain cayenne. If it does, use turmeric instead.
- Strict Paleo: Skip the mango & peas for cabbage, broccoli, and other non-starchy veggies.
What's the deal with Pastured
- The QUALITY of the protein you consume is far more important than the quantity. Pastured chicken contain less soy derivatives & more healthy fats.
- BEST: Pastured chicken
- BETTER: Organic chicken
- BASELINE: Chicken
What if I can't get organic?
- New research suggests pesticides negatively affect our gut microbiome, as they are neurotoxins. Choose ORGANIC as often as possible.
- BEST: Organic produce, herbs, & spices
- BETTER: Purchasing the "Dirty Dozen" organic (water-filled produce, like apples, without a thick skin, like avocado).
- BASELINE: Whole produce, washed thoroughly.
My Fave Combos:
- Chicken + Chickpeas + Peppers
- Shrimp + Anaheim Pepper + Peas
- Chicken + Mushrooms + Peppers