The Basic Fish & Greens Recipe
Feeling Fancy? Try these fresh ingredients:
Going deeper with this lesson
Special Diet Adjustments:
- Low Carb: As is
- Autoimmune: Skip the tomatoes. Try thinly sliced carrots, mushrooms, radish, or purple cauliflower for a color pop!
- Strict Paleo: As is
What's the deal with Wild?
- The QUALITY of the protein you consume is far more important than the quantity. Wild fish contains the omega-3s we desire while farmed fish is more fatty overall & contains higher levels of omega-6 fatty acids.
- BEST: Wild fish
- BETTER: Wild-caught (unfortunately, this label now means you can farm the fish, release them into the wild, & then catch them to call them 'wild-caught')
- BASELINE: Wild, canned fish
What if I can't get organic?
- New research suggests pesticides negatively affect our gut microbiome, as they are neurotoxins. Choose ORGANIC as often as possible.
- BEST: Organic produce, herbs, & spices
- BETTER: Purchasing the "Dirty Dozen" organic (water-filled produce, like apples, without a thick skin, like avocado).
- BASELINE: Whole produce, washed thoroughly.
My Fave Combos:
- Salmon + Chard
- Spinach + Garlic + Tomatoes + Mushrooms
- Chard + Asparagus + Mushrooms