1. If using, sauté onions & peppers over medium-low heat for 8 minutes in 2 Tbsp. coconut oil. Season with salt, pepper, & garlic powder. As soon as this is going, move on to step 2.
2. Over medium heat, brown the ground beef. If using grassfed ground beef, do not drain. Push the ground beef to the edges so that there is a pool of liquid in the center and empty the seasoning packet into the pool. Stir.
3. Reduce heat to low, mix seasoning in well. Simmer for 5 minutes, until thick, stirring occasionally.
4. Shred the lettuce or serve as is to make a taco salad instead of using tortillas if you are sensitive to corn. 4. If using, shred the raw cheese of choice.
5. If using, heat the tortillas, 1-2 per person, for 30 seconds in a skillet or toaster oven to soften. Put the finished tortillas on a plate covered with a towel until dinner.
6. Serve family style on the table so everyone can make their own favorite combination!